Sunday, June 15, 2008

Finally, some progress

Last weekend I left my course in Maine at 9 pm, after the lobster bake, and drove the 5 hours home to Mass. I got home early Saturday morning and crashed from exhaustion. Only problem was, there was no time for exhaustion, as there was a big blue tarp over my house. So on Sat. morning I got up and went to breakfast with Bear, and then set to the task of un-tarping the house and putting the shingles on the roof. Nothing like shingling on very little sleep in 98 degree heat with a humidity of 90%. By the end of the weekend I had prevailed , so the tarp is a thing of the past, barring I actually did everything properly.

This weekend the project took a big leap forward, as I finished the siding, rake boards and soffits, which makes me feel a lot better about the project. Just a few more small things on the outside and it is done. It does not look like too much but I posted a picture anyways. I promise the inside will be much more interesting and different.



As a hint of what is to come, below is a picture of the mold for the vanity concrete countertop. The stuff on the left is the knockouts for the faucet hardware, and in the middle is a piece of 2 inch high density foam that is being used for the undermount sink knockout.




On my way to Maine, I stumbled across a little geode shop and they had ammonite fossils. I bought these two to use as inlays for the concrete countertop.

3 comments:

JuneBug said...

impressive for sure! you are one overachiever...

Stacy said...

The outside looks great! I can't wait to see it in person! And your concrete countertop mold looks just like the one I saw this dude make on DIY!

JuneBug said...

dude. you have GOT to post more often. and... we are going to be in Mass somewheres around Aug 15-19ish.