Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Christmas gift project

Recently I have been thinking about making Kye a raised bed platform with a little play area underneath, however the plywood for the project is quite pricey.  Luckily, at work we got a new microscope delivered in 5 crates made from high grade plywood.  They did not want the plywood back so I scooped it up and built a really fun piece of furniture.  It has a climbing wall to get to the upper platform, a desk and shelf underneath and will eventually get some track lighting. I also have to add a chalkboard and a magnetic board.  I found some cool chairs at IKEA to put underneath.  Little man seems to really like his own little space.






2 comments:

Stacy said...

Kennedy has already put in her request! "Mommy, when I get a big room, I want Uncle Sean to make me a big bed with a climbing wall!"

Seanpo said...

I'll get right on that. Will it need to be pink?