Monday, May 26, 2008

Boston has the "Big Green Monster" we have the "Big Blue Monster"

The "Big Blue Monster" I am referring to is the 60 x 90 blue tarp that is covering the new bathroom addition I am putting on our house. As if I did not have enough to do this summer, with quite a lot of work related travel and a baby coming in August, I decided what better time to rip the roof of my house and put an addition on. This idea has been in the works since we bought our house. The previous owner had the upstairs only partially finished. The plan is to turn what was essentially one gigantic room into two bedrooms and a full bathroom. Luckily my father and father-in-law are both in construction and built many houses themselves, otherwise I would be in over my head more than I am already. About two weekends ago everyone showed up in Barre to take the roof off and frame the bathroom in. Everything went pretty well and Duff enjoyed the ability to stand on the second floor with a big gaping hole and bark at the neighbors as they worked in their yard.

The bathroom will be great when it is done. We splurged and put a skylight in and I am in the process of fabricating a custom concrete countertop, which I will eventually post some pictures of. Below are some pictures of the work in progress. I left out the ones with the big blue tarp, which I hope to get rid of soon, but I am booked solid for the next three weeks, so it will have to do for now.




Me putting roof sheathing on and Duff taking a look over his kingdom from his new vantage point.



Foreman Stella said this project has taken over my play room and I want these stupid tools out of here and my stuffed toys back.

Is all for now.

Seano

No comments: