I just got of the phone with my mom who was telling me about a radio flyer trike that she picked up at a yard sale. While browsing the website I came across a radio flyer big wheel and got to thinking about all the fun my cousin and I used to have on big wheels. We had some pretty heated races in the basement. Interested to see how big wheel technology has progressed I decided to surf the net a little more. To my surprise I found that the "green machine" is still available with some nifty updates, but still true to the original design. My only disappointment was finding out that the "green machine" is made by Huffy, maker of completely crappy bikes.
My first mountain bike was a Huffy from Jamesway. I took it home and rode it around the trail I had built. After three laps the derailer started to fall off, so I marched the thing back and bought a real bike. I can't blame this totally on Huffy as the same guy who assembles the grills puts together the bikes at these box stores. It always amusing to go into these stores and look at how the bikes are assembled. My favorite was the bike I found with the bar ends on backwards. Anyways, surprises me that the green machine held up to the abuse we put it through.
Anyways, the reason I decided to post an entry is the first hit that was returned by my google search for "big wheels"; A you tube video of a race down Lombard Street in San Fran on, you guessed it, big wheels. Check out the video, brilliantly set to Cake's "Going the Distance".
Man, I can't wait till Piglet is old enough to get a big wheel, then I have an excuse to get one as well.
Enjoy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment